Monday, October 24, 2005

Poouuuaaahhhsshhheeeeyyuuuttt!

Pronounced "Poo-wah-shee-yut". It's the noise that I've been making today in abundance. The "Poo-wah" is an exclamation signifying that I'm not feeling all that hot, and the "Shee-yut" part details precisely what I'm feeling like. Don't ask why... it's better that way.

Sorry I haven't kept up on the blog over the past couple of days; I know that you've all missed me.... right? (crickets chirping)

Yeah, kinda what I thought. I tried (for a few days) to erase any trace of the name "Paige Hemmis" from my blog, but people still ended up here from Google search and MSN. So, the blog name's back indefinitely, until droves of anxious men wanting to see nudie pics of dear Paige change their focus onto somebody else.

I've ended up with a sucky head cold, and sinuses draining down my throat all day. I would have stayed home, but I need all the sick leave / vacation time I can get, because the wife is going to give birth any day now, and I will need to take my role as Mr. Mom for about a week. So yeah, here I sit, feeling like total crap.

I thought that maybe some comfort food would help, so I headed down to Costco and got a nice, hot slice of pepperoni pizza. I felt great while I was eating it, and then felt like I was going to throw up afterwards. I need to head home and take a nice hot bath, and then go to bed. But not before I play taxi driver for my dad, and listen to another hour of why he hates conservatives.

Last week, I started reading "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown, author of "The DaVinci Code." Excellent book. I find that I can rarely put his stuff down once I pick it up. Then I read "Deception Point", and had a similarly satisfying experience. I typically don't have time during the day to do such things, so I would stay up late - sometimes up to 2:00am - just to get a little bit of "me" time. And I think that did me some good this weekend.

I gotta run. Worthless post, I know, but today I am a "bear of very little brain".

No comments: