Monday, October 17, 2005

Do I Dare Admit This?

I Finally got around to watching Matrix: Reloaded and Matrix: Revolutions this past weekend. They've been out for how many years now?

Off topic, I'm eating salt & vinegar potato chips right now, and it's making my lips swell up. I feel like I have Goldie Hawn lips. Great, I'll probably get bombarded with Google searches for "Goldie Hawn" now. Sheesh.

Eenyway, it was a nice little 4 hour distraction into some alternate reality with squid-like robots that have more eyes that that huge freakin spider from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

And wow, Zion? I still haven't resolved the difference between the "fire-in-the-cave-dancing-and-pelvic-grinding Zion" from the "immaculately-white-room-with-people-typing-on-imaginary-keypads-in-midair-
control-room-just-like-in-Minority-Report"
Zion. Strange. Anyway, what would a movie review be without screenshots? I didn't take interesting ones because I figured everyone's already seen these two shows (just like Star Wars Ep. III).

MR-04
"...cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine." - The Matrix Dance by Lots of Men Without Hats

MR-01
I think I saw this in West Side Story

MR-03
This looks just like me in the mornings before the caffeine kicks in.

MR-02
A bunch of Hugo Weavings standing around, feeling sheepish.


You will undoubtedly look at my pitiful collection of screenshots, and say, "That's all he took from the Matrix?!?" I would have to answer "Yup."

I watched this movie out of two different eyes: The "Ooooh, cool visual effects and funky story" eye, and the "cynical, popping jokes every couple of minutes" eye. And they didn't see the same things in the movie. Think "Marty Feldman" eyes.

The sarcastic eye won out on the narrative, and here we are. Probably because, as I mentioned in my last post, my brain shut down Thursday afternoon in anticipation of heavy labor weekend. My cynical and sarcastic side, however, requires no brain activity whatsoever because it is an innate and primitive reflex in me. Sure a good thing I'm not a movie critic.

No comments: