Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Déjà Flu

The distinct feeling of having suffered through this debilitating sickness before. This word is also a combination of the terms:

Déja Poo - (n.) The distinct feeling af having felt extremely crappy recently, and...

Déjà Goo - (n.) The distinct feeling of having expelled at least your body's weight in phlegm over the past 24 hours.


As you can tell, I'm feeling like a total rock star here. And then, to add to the whole situation, my wife goes into labor last night at 11:30, right after she had assured me that it was okay to take some NyQuil and go to sleep. So, at midnight, we arrived at the hospital and spent the next five hours there hooked up to machines.

Yeah, she was in labor, but didn't seem to progress at all. The contractions stayed about 5-6 minutes apart, and she didn't dilate any further than a 3. So finally my wife says "Bag it. If we're not having a baby tonight, I'm going home to sleep in a real bed." And so, at about 6am, we walk in through our door, and find that the two year old critter has been up since we left, keeping her 80-year old Grandma company.

I still have the flu, but can't afford to take the time off to get feeling better. So here I sit. In a haze. Going for the sympathy vote today.

No comments: