Thursday, October 6, 2005

Good Morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome...

Thank you to Aleisha, Kat & KOM for your comments in the Dreamscape post; if you happen to have any additional thoughts and experiences about these things, please post them. For all of you who have not commented yet, please go here and do so. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm in a fine mood this morning, and it's not because I had a good night's sleep (because I hadn't). It wasn't even one of those nights where I could wink and smile while saying that I didn't get any sleep. No, this all had to do with my youngest daughter having a tough time last night, so I spent a while sleeping at the foot of her bed. Which area contains roughly four square feet of surface area to sleep on. And while I'm not a big guy, I'm not a small guy either, and there was no comfortable way to position myself on that bed. But I did it anyway for the love of a two-year old girl. And I have the backache and stiff neck to prove it. On the morning after I visited the chiropractor. Irony, no?

My chiropractor is a miracle man. He's an older guy, and the best doctor I have ever had. Ever. Along with Chiropractic, he practices kinesiology and contact-reflex analysis. The first time I had ever visited him was for acupuncture. Yes, he’s an acupuncturist, too.

I had a severely impacted sinus infection. He told me that sinus infections were usually a result of something else wrong in the body, and tested me using the contact reflex analysis method. He told me the sinus problems were caused by a low metabolism, which in turn was caused by an intestinal infection.

Ooookay… just how do the intestines and sinuses relate to each other? Don’t know, but he treated the intestinal infection, and the sinus problems were completely gone within a week.

I asked him if that same intestinal infection could be responsible for those severe allergies that I had experienced since I was 12. He used kinesiology to treat me for the allergies, and every one that he has treated is completely gone.

Grass, for instance. I couldn’t mow the lawn without having watery eyes, runny nose and sneezing galore. Not to mention the skin rashes. He treated the grass allergy, and the next day I mowed four lawns and had not so much as a single symptom of allergic response.

Say goodbye to twenty years of living off of Benadryl, Actifed and Allegra-180. His treatment? It took less than three minutes, involved no drugs or shots. Just touch.

This guy has patients who will gladly drive three hours to make office visits. I consider myself lucky to live fairly close to his office.

Honestly, what would you give to have a doctor like that?

No comments: