Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Why does this happen?

It's bad enough to get the flu. But to get a miserable head & chest cold on top of it? This has already happened to me 3-4 times in the past six months, and I'm sick of being sick like this.



In other news...

Every once in a while, I pass a car on the freeway that has several large stickers on it, touting "Democracy Deserves Better" and "Zero Tolerance for Republicans". The driver is a clench-jawed woman, possibly in her fifties, who looks as though she can barely tolerate driving on a Utah freeway.

My question is... Why?

Why would someone in such a notoriously "red" state put biiiigg stickers like that on her car? Is she:
  • an attention whore?
  • suicidal?
  • participating on "Candid Camera"?
  • a few fries short of a happy meal?
It's probably a good thing she lives in Salt Lake, because if she lived in Provo, she'd probably find her stickers covered up by other stickers that read:
  • "My kid and my money go to BYU"
  • "Bush-Cheney '04"
  • "Honk if you're horny"
  • "Charlton Heston is my president"
  • "Green Jello and Fry Sauce: It's a Culture"



In other news...

Salt Lake Mayor Rocky Anderson wants to eliminate parking fees at meters and lots for Hybrid Cars, as an incentive for more people to drive them. What a weenie. First off, Hybrid cars cost considerably more than their smog-producing counterparts. Automatically, the poorer people are not going to be able to afford a hybrid anytime soon, unless they steal one (which, I guess, keeps the economy going in a strange twisted way: Thief gets cash for car, spends cash. Someone gets cheap, stolen hybrid car, saves money on gas, spends it elsewhere. Original hybrid owner gets insurance check for stolen vehicle, spends it on a new hybrid. And ordinary denizens everywhere dig a little deeper into their pockets as insurance rates climb just a little bit more...)

Oh, but where was I? Oh yeah. The richer people who can afford the more expensive environmentally friendly car get the breaks on parking, while the poorer people still have to shell out more money to park in Mayor Anderson's "Green Kingdom City"

Yeah, makes perfect sense to me too.

If you haven't figured it out, I really have no affinity for Herr Mayor. The nicest thing I've called him lately is "living proof of evolution" This is the same mayor that blames traffic coming into Salt Lake from neighboring counties as the cause of Salt Lake's air pollution problems. Never mind the several thousand miles of paved roads on which city commuters travel each morning! He also said that everyone should live within 5 minutes of where they work.

Ass sphincter say "what?" Hello? McFly?

In this economy, you work where the money is; you don't necessarily live where the money is. Our modest little home would have cost us twice what we paid for it, had we built it in Salt Lake, instead of the quaint little outlying community that we did. I seriously can't wait til this asshat's term is up.



In other news...

Speaking of Mayors...New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin... Did anyone catch his performance the other day? I honestly thought I had the channel set to comedy central. When I realized that it was the "news", I had to wonder if he wasn't channeling Pat Robertson, with a "Chocolate" chaser.

It was strange enough to listen to his ramblings, but then to hear his excuse for it? It just keeps getting more bizarre! The whole "chocolate milk" thing? He would have been better off claiming that the Bush Administration was beaming the words straight into his head from one of the black helicopters, or super secret spy satellites. It would have been more believeable.



In other news...

My project from hell just came back through my door with final mark-ups for corrections, along with (oh my) another sheet to be added. I'm so excited that I could just wet myself. But then, to top it all off, another little "quickie" project gets dumped into my lap this morning on top of everything else.

If my life was any more wonderful than it is right now, there'd be birds and chipmunks following me down the road, singing "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah".

No comments: