Monday, November 7, 2005

Weekend Observations 11-07-2005

Observation 1: Revenge of the Sith was a let-down. I think.

I'm still trying to figure this one out. Sure, it ties most everything together, but I had waited so long to see it, and I was so pumped up on the hype and the previews, and then... and then... I feel deflated now.

It wasn't really a climactic end of a saga, as much as it was a bridge between episodes 2 and 4. *sigh* Someone ought to sit down with George Lucas and talk him into episodes 7, 8 & 9. Hell, all of the episode 4, 5 & 6 actors are old enough for it now! Or maybe that isn't such a good idea.

Observation 2: My daughter and dog abhor clean spaces.

We clean up the family room, and cute critter comes down, and empties 2 or 3 bins containing small toys all over the room. "...cannot function without... chaos" is her motto.

Likewise, our dog abhors a clean yeard. Once I have done my weekly cleaning of dog poop, she literally goes nuts wondering what to do with herself. Then the instinct kicks in, and she poops.

It's a strange law of physics to observe. The longer I go without cleaning the backyard, the less often she will poop. Her frequency goes from 4 piles in the first half hour to one pile every 3.2 days at the end of a few weeks. Strange phenomenon. Strange dog.

Observation 3: Concerned friends and family.

I'm surprised at how many of my friends treat me like I'm radioactive or something, now that I am "a father of four". There have been many offers to refer me to a doctor that can "snip-snip" and take care of any worries concerning future arrivals.

The ones that make me laugh the most are my friends and neighbors that live close to us. It is as though pregnancy is a communicable disease, and they want nothing to do with it. Not all of their fear is unfounded, however, as the number of "unexpected" pregnancies - even people like us who were using birth control at the time - has climbed steadily over the past few years.

Maybe there's some way I can use this to my advantage... "Hand over all your goods, or your wife gets pregnant!" Hmmm... that didn't come out quite the way I wanted.

Observation 4: Comment Spam

Is anyone else as befuddled as me, when it comes to spammers promoting "road repair"? I mean, who the hell is out on the net looking that stuff up, anyway? Isn't that a municipal or Department of Transportation function? Don't our taxes pay for that? Why advertise it?

No comments: