Monday, April 17, 2006

NeoPolitan

Like the ice cream, where you buy one box, yet get three flavors? One post here, three separate directions...

Flavor 1: The Blog

Within the next month or so, I'm going to drop the "No Paige Hemmis Pics Here" name from the blog entirely. It no longer shows up on the masthead, and why use her name? Anytime she makes an appearance on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, I am immediately flooded by people looking for naked pictures of her. It's not really the kind of traffic I look for...

But wait, there's more?

I am toying with the idea of dropping the name Nilo as well. Not sure yet if I will, But I am definitely entertaining the notion...

Flavor 2: Add-on Accesories

What is the strangest selling point you have ever seen for a house or a car? Examples:
  • A 2-story garage with a fully functioning hydraulic lift for car repairs...
  • Half-sized basketball court in basement
  • Secret passageway behind bookcase in library...
  • Car has three speeds in reverse...
Flavor 3: What To Be?

There is a possibility that I may not be able to go to chiropractic school, and I do NOT want to continue in my present career. Seeing much of my family this past weekend, I'm impressed by some of the directions they've taken in life:
  • Stepbrother: Wine broker in San Francisco, CA
  • Half-Brother: Part Owner in a snowboard company that is starting to really turn some heads
  • Brother-in-law: Up and coming film producer (does amazing work).
  • Half-Sister: Ski lift operator
  • Stepsister: Manages high-brow beauty salon & boutique.
...and the list goes on. The biggest difference between these sibs and myself is: None of them have any kids.

Let it be said that I will never, ever regret having my kids... They add a dimension to life that enriches you, and makes you so much more a person than you could ever be otherwise.

But I realize that I have tied myself down to my present location and jobs because of my need to provide for them. Presently, I work in a windowless office, doing work that will rarely, if ever, be appreciated. I want to change that.

I love working with people, seeing different situations and (if possible) different scenery each day, and I love being able to solve problems.

I am asking for suggestions for an alternative career if Chiropractic school doesn't work out. Feel free to be serious, or keep it light... It doesn't matter. I've come to reflect on the fact that life is TOO. DAMN. SHORT. to be miserable in work or other situations.

The floor is now yours...

No comments: