Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Funeral Planning

I like the blue-suede lined casket in the background Must be the "Elvis" model.

funeral

I've thought long and hard about this. As much as I have enjoyed blogging, and have immensely enjoyed the friends I have made through my blog, it will soon be time to pull the plug on it.

I think I really put a finger on it the first time the other night when I told a friend "I've been heading in a direction that life didn't want me to go, and now it's yanking back on my leash... hard."

I really need to follow my feelings on this one. The thought of keeping the blog running just adds to the overwhelmingly huge pile of things that I need to get done, whereas closing it down and giving it a decent burial actually gives me a feeling of relief.

I don't really have a date picked out yet... It could be anywhere between now and the end of the summer. When I started, I set goals of
  • Making friends
  • Posting at least 200 posts
  • Getting at least 10,000 hits on the Stat-Counter.
I've accomplished all three, and feel very content with that.

This death won't come completely unannounced... I'll give you fair warning.

More details to follow
...

No comments: