Wednesday, March 1, 2006

sssssssssiiiiiiccccckkkkkk!

This past week has been the week from hell. I've had a project due by 11:00 today, and I was fairly confident that I could have the whole thing finished, no problem.

But then, as always in engineering, new problems would present themselves as the old problems were resolved, and it just loomed into this huge thing that I was racing to complete on time. It probably didn't help much that I spent a fair amount of time blogging and emailing last week (Bad blogger, bad!)

So, this morning I wake up, and surprise of all surprises: I have the stomach flu. I make the 50 mile commute anyway, cranking out as much as I can on the project, all the while having fever pains, chills, and all of the other lovely symptoms you can imagine that accompany this nasty flu.

Now the thing is out the door for review. I originally had a meeting with the engineer from hell today, but that got cancelled. Yay me.

I'm thinking about just calling it a day within the next hour or so, and heading home and going to bed.

SO Sorry. I haven't been visiting all of you this week; I know you've really, really missed me! (They say that hallucinations and delusions of grandeur are common with this type of flu... ooh look, a pink walrus!). I'll be back in a day or two...

If anyone catches the license plate of the dump truck that ran over me, please forward it to the appropriate authorities...



I've updated the blog roll a bit, but I'm not finished. There's a few more to add, and a few more to take off... I've removed some dead links, and there's a few more that are more of the "high content" type sites that are large and impersonal, and yet others that I just don't really relate to anymore. Sooner or later, It'll all be changed. And I need to think of a makeover for the page when I hit the 200th post...

194 posts down... 106 left to go

No comments: