Wednesday, September 7, 2005

New Baby

This one won't quite *fit* in the hospital nursery...
  • Length: 175.20 Inches
  • Weight: 2304.6 lbs
  • Gender: Female (Always)
  • Color: Iced Teal Pearl
  • Race: Loves to.
Mah Baaaaaaaby!

This little cutie gets between 36 and 42 mpg on a pretty regular basis, meaning that I have reduced my fuel consumption by more than half. She's also the little mouse that occasionally roars, as I was lucky enough to get one of those VTEC engines in it. Not only is it a six year old car with only 77,000 miles on it, but it also has all the bells and whistles, too.

One bell (or whistle) that really surprised me was the after-market remote to lock and unlock the doors. I had no idea that it did anything else until a few nights after I bought it, I was taking some garbage out to the curb, and noticed that the engine was running and the stereo playing. I was mildly freaked out that the car might be possessed, but then found that I had accidentally hit the "autostart" button just a few minutes earlier. Nice. Gotta watch that button.

My little baby is also a form of bribery for my two-year old baby. Any time I really need her to eat her dinner, or stop crying, I promise her a ride in Daddy's car. Her car seat sits in the middle of the back seat, and she loves to have the sunroof open with the wind blowing her hair. The Civic is small enough that I can comfortably reach back to her car seat while I'm driving, and she holds onto my fingers as we go down the road. You can certainly put a price on the car, but you can't put a price on an adorable child sharing a happy moment with her da-da.

More later (sometime)...

No comments: