Monday, February 13, 2006

Stolen Survey

This survey comes straight from the pages of Crouching Mommy, Hidden Laundry. It's not actually stolen, but saying it is makes it seem a bit more fun...

1) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
"vertical alignment generation and editing, stationing, cogo point placement and..." Boring drivel at its best. Suicide hotline operators have actually been forbidden to read out of the "Inroads Fundamentals" handbook when talking to distraught callers.

2) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch. Plans, Plans and more Plans. I can almost touch the wall from here.

3) What is the last thing you watched on TV?VH1's 100 top teen stars (last night). When comparing myself to other teens from the 80's (like Corey Feldman, for example) I suddenly don't feel so bad about where I am in life.

4) Without looking, guess what time it is.11:57am

5) Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?12:00pm. Hey, not too bad...

6) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?The secretaries talking.

7) When did you last step outside? What were you doing?Getting out of my car going into the office building.

8) Before you started this survey, what did you look at?cmhl's page (where I stole the survey from)

9) What are you wearing?
Faded jeans and a red golf shirt with a "bleach burn" on it. And a hunter green pullover sweater on top of that.

10) Did you dream last night?
Yeah, but I can't remember what.

11) When did you last laugh?
This morning, listening to the morning show description of Yoko Ono at the olympics. (cue fingernails on chalkboards here)

12) What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Pictures of my family, cartoons, maps, a calendar, and my own personalized barcode.

13) Seen anything weird lately?
Define "weird". I am a father of four, and I just take it all in stride...

14) What do you think of this quiz?
I wouldn't take it if I didn't like it.

15) What is the last movie you saw?
Wallace and Gromit's Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Highly recommended. Gromit's expressions just make the whole film...

16) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A new house... go to chiropractic school, top off kids' college funds, vacation(s), share it with others...

17) Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I went to Jimmy Osmond's (of Osmond Family fame) wedding reception, at which time he told me "You're next, Nilo". He was wrong; it would be another four years before I'd marry.

18) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Change it into a cube shape. Or maybe a dodecahedron. You were expecting something deep?

19) Do you like to dance?
Love to. That doesn't mean I'm good at it. Remember the scene from "Cool Runnings" where Doug E. Doug is line dancing, and is making all the wrong moves, and dances in the wrong direction? That's me. I'm the vanilla version of Doug E. Doug.

20) George Bush?
No, I'm sorry... George Bush doesn't live here. You've reached the wrong number.

21) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Alison Rebecca

22) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Alex Christopher

23) Would you ever consider living abroad?
I have. It was amazing.

24) What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"Whoa, hey... What are you doing here? Just messin' with ya... Come on in..."

And in a true, lazy-Monday fashion, I pass this survey on to you. I won't name names, but those who are so inclined are more than welcome to grab this and use it on their own pages.

No comments: