Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Spreading the Cheer of VD

"VD" meaning Valentine's Day, of course!

One of our local radio stations has contracted with the Saltair chorus to send a bunch of quartets all up and down the Salt Lake Valley to serenade people on their porch.

You call in, tell them you why your sweetheart deserves to be serenaded, and they go and do it. Sweet! I live too far away for that, though. I'd end up having to pay for gas and lunch for those guys.

It's already decided that I'm not buying a dozen roses for my wife today. I mean really, the price for roses literally triples during this time of year! So here's my thinking:

I'll buy her one or two roses, and then wrap a few things that she really wants up with them. As luck would have it, the things she wants won't cost an arm or a leg, either. She's taking cake decorating classes right now, and would like more frosting bags. And a few specialty nozzles for them too. I can get all of that for less than what the dozen roses would cost.

Our favorite Valentine's Day tradition is to order a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. The kids think it's a blast. Then we'll sit back and watch a movie. Probably that Reese Witherspoon show.... Just like Heaven?

So, for all of you: Tell me about your Valentine's Day plans! What are your favorite traditions, or favorite Valentine's memories?

No comments: