Monday, February 6, 2006

Status de Nilo

Limpin' Along. The past week's break has been much needed in order to attend to a few things in my personal life.

I very much appreciate the well-wishes that you sent, both in comment and in email form. It's nice to know that I have such great friends out there.

So yeah, I'm back, but only partially right now. How do I best explain it? Metaphorically, of course.

  • I'm drivin' on the donut spare right now...
  • Livin' off of the dollar menu...
  • My expressway is narrowed down to one lane...
  • There's only one ski lift open on my whole mountain...
  • My movie is in limited release...
  • I'm running on one-quarter impulse power... (Trekkies)

I've got a set of subdivision plans that I need to get out the door in the next 10 days, and it's very work intensive. After that, they're looking at sticking me on a survey crew for about three weeks while we survey a section of the interstate. I doubt I'll even see my office during most of that time. And I'm still winding down from my earlier break.

Though I won't be posting every day, I'm still here. Unless I'm over there. But I promise to have something a little more substantial in the next day or two.

No comments: