Friday, December 9, 2005

The Weekend Is So Close...

I can taste it. It tastes like sweet freedom. Except that I can't eat sweet things because of my hypoglycemia. Spit that weekend out! What was I thinking? Freedom? Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Imagine being chained to a house, holding a baby and a toddler in your arms, doing dishes with your feet, and turning the Comcast "On Demand" to Dora the Explorer or Spongebob every half hour. That will be my "freedom" over the next few days.



Does anybody here remember when Wham! wasn't openly gay, but you still suspected it? It had a lot to do with that "beat puppy-dog" look that Andrew Ridgely sported most of the time.* Okay, that was random!



Moving On...

I saw the doctor on Wednesday. In addition to a raging case of hypoglycemia, I also have chemical poisoning (probably due to an excess of soda pop consumption).

Some people have a proclivity for alcohol, some for tobacco. My addiction has always been soda pop. Don't know why, maybe it's genetic. My dad was quite the pop drinker in his day. Now he has type II diabetes. *sigh* Guess it's time to ween myself from soda.

Honestly, quel horreur to have 10lbs of Pepperidge Farm cookies and Eggnog flavored Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches, and not be able to enjoy any of it.



Do you ever find yourself losing focus and interest in most everything? If I believe what I hear on the radio, it's a form of depression. The chores at home are piling up faster than I can get them done.

I have to fix an oil leak on the wife's car, get the family Christmas letter finished, cards sent out, water heater wrapped up in the insulating blanket, clean up after the dog in the backyard (it's been about a month now...), disassemble a piece of patio furniture to store for the winter, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. It's swallowing me whole. Easy to be overwhelmed in this situation.

I have project deadlines at work, I'm working with a piece of crap cad software that I'm really not that good with, and yet, this company wants me to be proficient in it. I could probably learn the Swedish language easier than I can this software. POS.

When did life get so complicated?



*My bad. It appears that Andrew Ridgely (from the band "Wham!") is actually married to one of the chicks from Bananarama. Who knew?



PS: I will honestly try to come up with a better post than this over the weekend!

No comments: