Tuesday, August 2, 2005

"Oh, I just gotta be me...!"

Reading Kristy's blog "She Just Walks Around With It" is one of my guilty pleasures. She is without equal when it comes to hilarious stories of clumsiness, dating, drinking, life in general, and having firemen check out her ass.

Not too too long ago, she posted about a guy that had contacted her through an online dating service.

"one of the first guys who contacted me seemed pretty amazing. he was funny, had a great writing style, good job, blah blah blah, but no picture."
He eventually sends one which, by most standards, was a handsome pic.
"much to my delight, the phone conversation started off great. he was funny and smart and polite. and so yes, on that call, i agreed to meet him for coffee.
but then just before we were about to hang up, he said, 'I Should Probably Tell You Something...'"

is there a worse phrase?
The gist of it was... that pic wasn't him.

When he finally did send one, it was sooooo not the hot-looking guy she thought she was talking to. You have to read it. Read it all, and several other posts at her site while you're at it. She rocks!

It got me thinking, though. I have no pictures of myself on my site. I tried to do the thumbnail pic in the profile, but for some reason, Blogger wouldn't upload it (you know, the one of me at the New Year's Party... naked, with a lampshade over my head?).

Taking a cue from Kristy's would-be suitor, I will post a REAL picture of me on my site. When I tell you that I'm an old guy (36), out of shape (evidenced by wearing baggy clothes, 'cause honestly, if I HAD the six-pack, dontcha think I'd flaunt it?), and have no hair (okay, a thin fuzzy layer of hair since I buzzed it, but you can't see it anyway because of the hat), you'll now have the photographic proof that I am indeed who I say I am!

Me and the kid
This is me with my daughter in our backyard.

No comments: